Friday, March 20, 2009

Fast like "Pink Bullets"

Oh dear God, yes. It’s the first day of spring. John and I have already been down to the beach a couple times—given we were bundled up and toting blankets, but it was still fantastic. It will only be a matter of time before we’re relaxing in swimming suits and freezing our asses off in the water. Other than the sudden brush of spring excitement, things in St. Joseph have been slow and steady.

I finally made a trip back home last weekend. I got to rub Christine’s pregnant belly and introduce myself to my soon-to-be nephew. He just keeps growing and growing in there. There is still no word yet on the sex of Brad and Lyndsay’s baby, but rumor has it that if it’s a boy, he will be named James. And to answer the question that inevitably follows this news: John and I have absolutely no plans to reproduce any time soon.

We’re starting to make our plans for our next big vacation (which will be sometime next year). He wants Spain, and I want France. Yesterday, I proposed Egypt as a compromise, and we’re both intrigued by the idea. We also made the deal that if I can lose 71 pounds, he’ll take me back to Scotland (bonus vacation) to hike in the highlands. So far, I’ve knocked off 14. It’s progress, but I’m not shopping for hiking boots yet.

I’m just amazed at how much faster time passes after college and marriage. Every day is flying by so fast. I feel like I really need pull back on the reigns and slow things down. But reproducing brothers and soon-to-be retiring parents keep pushing the fast forward button. I hate to risk jinxing it…but can life really keep being this good? I hope so.

No comments: