Friday, May 15, 2009

To Paris and Back

John is taking me to Paris for my birthdaaaay! Whoop! As of next Friday, I will be a fabulous twenty-two year old...in Paris. In my opinion, this is so much better than being twenty-two in the States. Basically, I've been going insane at work. My job is absolute nonsense, and I contribute nothing to the company. This insanity led me to travelocity.com where I found very affordable plane ticket/hotel room deals. John jumped on board when we discovered we could go over Memorial Day, taking only 2 days off work for a 6-day trip.

As if that wasn't enough good news, John has an audition to be on Jeopardy! He did really well on the online test and got an email to go to Chicago on the 29th. He's letting me tag along and will take me to the planetarium after his audition. I can't wait! I've always wanted to use one of those GIANT telescopes.

And even more good news, the weather has finally warmed enough to let us down to the beach. There is nothing better than a Sunday of sack lunches and Scrabble next to the lake. So lovely.

This weekend, we are headed home for Alex's graduation and Christine's baby shower. Brett and Brad have both selected names for the coming loin fruit. Brett is keeping the name a secret (though I know what it is), and Brad and Lyndsay will have themselves a little Ella Riley.

Yay.

No comments: